Guildhall, City of London
08:00 – 08:55
Coffee, tea and exhibition viewing – The Old Library, Guildhall
08:55 – 09:00
Welcome by Keith Bottomley, Elected Member of the City of London Corporation
09:00 – 10:30
09:00 – 09:30
NYC’s three-Part plan for fleet sustainability – Keith Kerman, Deputy Commissioner/ Chief Fleet Officer, City of New York [CONFIRMED]
- Learn how NYC is the largest municipal fleet in the US with 30,000 units, over 160 types of vehicles, and representing critical emergency services.
- Discover how to implement aggressive sustainability programs including EV, hybrid, and biofuels while maintaining these essential 24/7 services.
- Learn about challenges including electric capacity, emergency backup power, procurement options, as we move to eliminate fossil fuel use and go all EV by 2035.
09:30 – 10:00
- Learn how the NYPD fleet dealt with the BLM protests.
- Discover how the organisation coped with the challenges of Covid-19.
- See how the NYPD overcame issues such as the chip shortage, and the Defund the Police movement, etc.
TfL’s strategic freight priorities and plans – addressing the challenges – John Oosthuizen, Strategy Planner Freight, Transport for London[CONFIRMED]
- Learn about sustainability, air quality, reducing emissions, fleet procurement, compliance, fleet and road safety, the skills shortage.
- See how sustainable vehicle propulsion solutions can work for you including electric and hydrogen technology.
- Discover the challenges for freight, TfL’s freight policy priorities and the approach to freight.
- Find out about TfL’s focus on specific programmes and how the organisation is rebuilding after the pandemic and discover what’s next.
10:30 – 11:00
Break and exhibition viewing
11:00 – 12:30
Clean propulsion and emissions reduction session – hosted by Jason Airey, Executive Director, Westminster Commission for Road Air Quality (WCRAQ), Livery Hall, Guildhall
11:00 – 11:20
- See how tyre wear emissions may increase with heavier cars, including battery electric vehicles.
- Find out what the typical wear rates of tyres, separate from brake and road wear, are.
- See what the effect of driving behaviour is on tyre emissions.
- Find out how do different tyre brands compare for emissions.
11:20 – 11:40
In-cab air quality/ HVO trials – Kevin Barcroft, Academy and Training Manager, Simply Waste/ Biffa [CONFIRMED]
- Discover which people are most overlooked in the air-quality debate.
- How bad is the air quality issue, and what steps operators can adopt to protect their workforce.
- See the latest results of an important HVO trial.
11:40 – 12:00
Hydrogen solutions that will help deliver net-zero targets before 2030 – Amanda Lyne, MD, Ulemco [CONFIRMED]
- Find out why we need to start delivering fundamental transformation in the GHG emissions from transport.
- Discover what options there are for transport today.
- The government supports the provision of at least 5GW of hydrogen to be available by 2030, so how can we make this practical for transport today?
- Learn about globally innovative technology available now that can use hydrogen today to deliver substantial GHG reduction without breaking the bank.
12:00 – 12:20
Moving to hydrogen vehicles is more than a fuel change – Trevor Nicoll, Assistant Director of Environment and Operations, St Helens Council [CONFIRMED]
- Discover why St Helens was one of the first in the UK to make the switch to hydrogen.
- Learn how St Helens will be implementing a green hydrogen infrastructure.
- Find out how St Helens worked with suppliers from the waste industry to purchase a hydrogen waste collection solution that is fit-for-purpose for the Council’s requirements.
12:20 – 12:30
Questions – Jason Airey, Executive, WCRAQ [CONFIRMED]
12:30 – 14:00
Lunch break and exhibition viewing/ vehicle presentations in the Guildhall Courtyard
14:00 – 15:10
14:00 – 14:20
The cost of complacency – Kate Cairns, Founder, Kate Cairns Consultancy [CONFIRMED]
- The story: the disastrous consequence of industry complacency.
- The chasm: on-site safety versus off-site safety (WRRR) culture.
- The solution: intelligent risk management and world-first industry standards save money, reputation and lives.
14:20 – 14:40
Transport safety systems of the future – Michael Britt, CEO, MG Britt [CONFIRMED]
- Learn about significantly improved sensor and camera integration in safety systems.
- See how the next evolution of vehicle safety systems has allowed the commercial vehicle to intervene on behalf of the driver when an object is detected, including object recognition through camera and sensor technology that works together, known as “fused technology.”
- Discover pathways for future systems. The next evolution of safety system technology looks to reduce crashes in all operational settings.
- See the bottom line and determine how commercial vehicle safety systems can reduce insurance premiums.
14:40 – 15:10
Panel discussion/ questions
|What can fleet managers do to create a safety culture in their organisation?|
- Kate Cairns, Founder, Kate Cairns Consultancy
- Michael Britt, CEO, MG Britt
15:10 – 15:40
Break and exhibition viewing
15:40 – 17:00
Inclusivity and skills shortage session – Chair Ann-Marie Knegt, Editor, Fleet Vision International/ Creative Director Visie Communications, Livery Hall, Guildhall
15:40 – 16:00
Diversity, equity and inclusion at the SMMT – Sukky Choongh, Inclusivity Officer, SMMT [CONFIRMED]
- Hear about the SMMT’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy policy.
- Discover how creating an inclusive organisation has been beneficial to the work we do.
- Find out what is next to attract and maintain talent within our industry.
16:00 – 16:20
Addressing the emerging skills shortage whilst investing in a diverse and inclusive future – Grahame Neagus, Head of LCV & Municipal UK & Ireland, Renault Trucks UK [CONFIRMED]
- Learn how to create a smooth transition from diesel to alternative fuels within your business.
- Discover how to create longevity – building a business that appeals to the next generation.
- Find out how to shape a brighter future through proactive inclusion and diversity for all.
16:20 – 16:50
Panel discussion/ questions
|How can we address the skills shortage session while attracting talent to the industry?|
- Sukky Choongh, Diversity Officer, SMMT
- Grahame Neagus, Head of LCV, Renault Trucks UK
Close of conference and thank you – Ann-Marie Knegt, Editor, Fleet Vision International/ Creative Director Visie Communications